Sunday, April 12, 2009

Three 12 inch Squares

I was asked to make a 12 inch square to contribute to a special blanket. I was watching TV one evening, got a little carried away, and ended up making three instead.

The first is in an interesting Carnival variegated with different shades of blue and white from a pattern called Arches by Dayna Audirsch.


I also wanted to use some of the "eyelash" art yarns, and ended up making two traditional granny square style squares (since the gaps make it less difficult to use the art yarn). One was in turquoise blue/green with nearly identical eyelash yarn.


The second one was in a soft blue with a variegated eyelash yarn with different shades of blue and white (which you can't really see in the pictures).


I'm excited to see the finished blanket when it is done - it is going to a very deserving recipient!

3 comments:

  1. It is so clever, your use of eyelash! Who'd thunk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep blogging!

    Surfed on in here via your profile on Ravelry.

    And in keeping with my thread on CLF, I've given your blog a "thumbs up" and got it listed on StumbleUpon, so other folks can hopefully surf on in and enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Maven. I hadn't realised how much time had lapsed. :)

    ReplyDelete