Sunday, January 4, 2009

Possum: 'Raspberry Beret,' 'There's a Possum on My Head!' and "Neckwarmer'

RASPBERRY BERET
For Christmas this year (er, well, 2008 anyway) I made my Dad's wife Cathy a beret style hat with the red possum/merino/silk wool I picked up on my trip to New Zealand. I LUUURRVVEEE how soft this wool is. And I just love the uniqueness of the the possum fur! I picked out this lovely shade of red for Cathy as I thought it would look very nice with her colouring and very pretty against her gorgeous snow white hair.

Cathy has thanked me on the phone for her hat, and it sounds like she likes it. I forgot to ask her if it fits though! Fingers crossed...


THERE'S A POSSUM ON MY HEAD! HAT & NECKWARMER
For my Dad, I made two items. The first was the "I've Got a Possum on My Head" hat/beanie - which was just an improvised design. I also made him a neckwarmer in griddle stitch. I made the neckwarmer large enough to be able to slip over his head without fussing with buttons, and to have the alternate use of being used as earwarmers. (I made both of his items in the natural colour as I thought it was the most blokey of the lot).



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful items AuntyElle. I am sure they will be well worn and loved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, Ha. Love the possum head! Well done!

    ReplyDelete