Saturday, January 17, 2009

January Block-a-Month


I am participating in a crochet-along (CAL) through a Ravelry group. The idea is that you make one 12 inch square per month and end up with 12 at the end of the year. Each month, two different patterns are posted and you pick the one you'd like to do.

Seeing 12 squares would only make a 3' x 4' blanket - which isn't of too much use to me - I've decided to do both blocks each month. That's 24 squares by the end of the year instead, which will make a nice sized 4' x 6' blanket instead... much more useful.

Here's the first of my two squares for January from a pattern called Esther.

1 comment:

  1. nice effect... love the simplicity of those colours together...

    I'm so looking forward to seeing all these afghans at the end of the year (but I'm not very patient, so I hate that I have to wait so long)

    ReplyDelete